TL;DR: We aim to collect as little data as possible when providing our Services. Most of the data we collect is data you are giving us directly and knowingly when interacting with our Services. We don't use tracking or retargeting software. A lot of effort has gone into minimizing data collection and tracking. Some of our service providers will automatically collect data, like server logs (including your IP address which will reveal your approximate location) or use tracking technology to optimise their service. For details read on:
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Slow Works Ltd (”Slow Works”, ”we”, ”us”, ”our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing of your data
Slow Works processes user data to a limited scope – for provision of the Services, processing payments for the Services, as well as the functioning of our websites. We process the following basic information:
- Your name and/or Email address. We use your name and email address to:
- send you important updates and announcements related to your use of our Services;
- respond to your requests or inquiries;
- send you offers, surveys and other marketing content (you can opt-out of those at any time).
Information collected on our website
- Access logs. Like most websites on the internet, our website collects access logs (such as IP address, browser type, operating system) to operate our services and ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance. This information is also essential for fighting against DDoS attacks, scanning and similar hacking attempts.
- Cookies. Cookies, pixels and other similar technologies are usually small text or image files that are placed on your device when you visit our website. Some cookies are essential for our website to operate smoothly; others are used to improve website functionality, others are set by our content delivery partners (e.g. Anchor Podcasts) to optimize their services. You can check what cookies we use in the detailed cookie table that is accessible here.
Sharing your personal data
We use third-party service providers to help us with various operations, such as payment processing, email automation, website and app diagnostics, analytics and other. As a result, some of these providers may process personal information.
Some of our main long-term service providers:
- Podcast Hosting Platform – Anchor.fm (provided by Spotify AB);
Sometimes our service providers, for example, distributors, resellers, and app store partners, will be independent controllers of your data. Their terms and conditions and privacy policies will apply to such relationships.
Your personal information may be processed in any country in which we engage service providers. When you use our Services, you acknowledge the transfer of your personal information outside of the country where you reside.
Requests for data.
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please email email@example.com.
Choices related to your data
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. We aim to provide the same level of privacy protections to you no matter where you reside and make reasonable efforts to comply with data protection requests even if you live outside a jurisdiction that has specific data protection laws. If you’d like to edit your profile information, delete your account or data, or request to provide you with a copy of your personal information, please contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you may need to pass through a couple of account verification steps so that we can verify you are the owner of the account. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our communication, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message or contacting us at email@example.com.
Some browsers have incorporated a “do-not-track” feature that can send a signal to the websites you visit, indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You can ask our content delivery partners to stop tracking you with Google Analytics, by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
If you disagree with the processing of your data by Slow Works, please do not use our Services. You can request us to discontinue processing your personal data, in which case your data will be processed only as much as it is necessary to effect the discontinuation of your use of the Services (e.g., final settlement, or deleting all personal data based on your email address), or finalizing other Slow Works’s legal relationship with you (e.g., record keeping, accounting, processing refunds).
We take data security very seriously and take all steps reasonably necessary to secure your data (whether technical, physical, or administrative). However, no company can guarantee the absolute security of internet communications. By using the Services, you expressly acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through the Services and that any information received from you through the website or our Services is provided at your own responsibility.
GDPR: Information for users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and
UK GDPR: Information for users in the United Kingdom (UK)
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) requires that we provide notice in a specific way to our European users about their privacy rights.
From 1 January 2021, separate regulations apply for users in the EEA and users in the UK. The information below applies to EEA and UK citizens in accordance with their respective regulations. Any data transmitted to or collected by us before 1 January 2021 will be treated under the "Frozen GDPR" regulations.
Please note that unless expressly noted otherwise, Slow Works shall act as the responsible personal data controller for any data processed.
Grounds for data processing
Your personal data is mainly processed for the purpose of providing you the best Services under the legal basis of performance of the contract between you and Slow Works, as provided in our Terms of Service.
We also process your personal data under the legal basis of our legitimate interest:
- to properly administer business communication with users;
- to operate our services and ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance;
- to receive knowledge of how our website and Services are being used.
Slow Works may process your personal data for marketing purposes in the following cases: when we obtain your consent for such processing (the legal basis for processing, in this case, is your consent) or when applicable law permits us to contact you without separate consent (under the legal basis of a legitimate interest).
Term for storing personal data
Users based in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK) receive additional rights related to their personal data. You may:
- request us to erase your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data which is done on the basis of our legitimate interests (e. g. for marketing purposes);
- request us to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit (if technically feasible) your personal data to another controller (only where our processing is based on your consent and carried out by automated means);
- restrict the processing of your personal data (when there is a legal basis for that);
- withdraw your consent where processing is based on a consent you have previously provided;
- exercise your rights by contacting us directly or, if all else fails, by lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you are a resident in the United Kingdom, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
Information for users in California
If you are a California resident, you can implement your rights as provided in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As per definitions in the CCPA, please note that Slow Works does not sell your personal information.
To ensure the security of personal data, Slow Works employs various administrative, technical and physical security measures; however, it is your responsibility to exercise caution and reason when using the Services. You will be personally responsible if such action violates any third party’s privacy or any other rights, or any applicable law. Under no circumstances is Slow Works liable for the consequences of your unlawful activities, your willful and negligent activities that violate applicable laws or third-party rights, and any circumstances that may not have been reasonably controlled or foreseen.